Monday, August 18, 2008

Never Letting Go

My heart feels dead, Lord
Dead without a beat
Make it beat for you Lord
I lay it at your feet

I cannot find the rhythm
I had so long ago
I was so close to you God
I should never have let go

You are the very air I breathe
And I'm gasping without you
I'm sinking under fast Lord
And I don't know what to do

The waves are just too strong
And I'm being pulled beneath
I cannot see the sun
I'm too far underneath

So I'm reaching up my hand
Hoping that you'll meet me here
I can't see you through this storm
But I know that you are near

And I know you calmed the seas
With just the power of your voice
So I'm waiting on my knees
Lord, I have made my choice

I'm not doing this alone
I know you hear my cries
I don't deserve your help
But I'm done with all the lies

Where else can I go?
What else can I do?
Now I see what I knew all along
I don't need anyone but you

I can't do this on my own
And as I take my last breath
I feel Your hand reach down
You save me from this death

You save me from this life
The distractions and deceit
Now I hold Your hand and heart
I remember I'm complete

I'm not ever letting go
When things seem less than black and white
I'll remember You've made me whiter than snow
From as black as the night to the brightest of light
And you care for me more than I could ever know


I wrote this several days ago, and had no idea why... Because only small pieces were from me; I felt as if I was writing it for someone else.
God... I know a lot of people are going through the storms of life and just grasping for a life-line... feeling around for anything to pull them above the waves, or anything to give them a sense of direction. Every thing's so much clearer above the storm. And for once I'm not afraid to be with You, walking on the water... or whatever other crazy things you call me to do. But I don't wanna be the only one, so Lord, help us help You pull people up from beneath the waves. (*ynthia L

No comments: