Friday, July 4, 2008

Another old song/poem

This is Your Time june 11 2007

It's late Friday night
And I turn on the light
I can't sleep
I'm drawn to the balcony
The noises they beckon me
It's been a long week

There's a man walking his dog
No jacket in the middle of the fog
It's an empty street
He looks at the sky
I can hear him sigh
Breathe deep, and weep

"well, is there a God?
How far is that star?
And is heaven where you are?

Oh, give me a sign
Is there any reason or rhyme?
Or are we all out of time?"

There's a girl holding her baby
Is it crying loud? well maybe
The windows shut
She's pretty upset
But she's doing her best
To calm it

I can tell she's ready to shake it
Maybe she just can't take it
But she stops
Cause she remembers her mother did the same
And that's when her sister became... lame
And she sobs

"well, is there a God?
How far is that star?
And is heaven where you are?

Oh, give me a sign
Is there a reason and rhyme?
Or are we all out of time?"

Is there a light at the end of this tunnel I'm in
Give me a glimpse to hold onto
I feel like the world is engulfed in this "sin"
And I need something to run to

Can it be you?

It's never too late to ask the questions
It's never too late to learn from your mistakes
It's never too late to take suggestions
It's never too late to care, for all our sakes

Well, yes, there is a God
Much closer than a star
And heaven isn't that far

Maybe this is His sign
Forgive me the imperfect rhyme
But He wants you to know, this is your time

No comments: