Saturday, July 19, 2008

A blog inspired by another.

I wrote a poem called "Dreams" a few years ago (3 years)... And it, and a blog by my almost-acquaintance, have helped inspire what I'm about to write; a list of my dreams, of things I'd like to do in life. Obviously that list could go on and on, but here are some of the many things I want to do and can't seem to get off my mind lately:
  • Get involved in conceptual art and illustrating.
  • Help create and design... art, music, concepts, storline, etc.
  • To be a part of small (or large) projects... (books, comic books, film, plays, etc; ask me about the Bed Bregade sometime).
  • Be in love with my job and the people I work with, so I give 110 % all the time (if I could, I'd choose a small company of sorts, maybe owned by friends or family)
  • Help lead a bible study... lead/help lead worship.
  • Go to actual dance classes for a little bit (to see if people who said I am
    gifted were telling me the truth, and to learn)
  • Learn to actually read music and not just play it by ear
  • Learn to play the guitar
  • Learn French, all the way; maybe go to France (and once that's done, hopefully learn
    more languages)
  • Find a person to read books with (or to) aloud... it's something I grew up
    doing with my family and it feels weird to read things alone now.
  • Read the bible through, cover to cover, with someone. It's been too long since the last time...
  • See people in person more often... go out for coffee, or browse books,
    movies, etc just so we can talk.
  • Start carrying more in my wallet... so I don't have to give those homeless
    people or starving musicians I always notice just whatever I have. (last
    time it was an accordian player at an art festival, and I only had 3 or 4 bucks, maybe 5)
  • Pick up a hitch-hiker or homeless guy/girl I pass as I feel the Spirit
    leading me to. I've almost done it before, a few different times, but I
    wasn't the driver so it wasn't my choice.
  • Play video games instead of read all the stories and watch them being
    played. I think it's too late for me though. I didn't exactly have the
    opportunity growing up in a foreign country.
  • Go to more conventions and festivals... of art, comic books, gamers, music, etc.
  • Be able to give away more than money... food, cars, maybe even a house
    someday. You know, if I'm always single I won't really need the money...
  • Marry Batman (this kind of goes with the above point; this way I'll have
    plenty of money and things to give away). If I can't get Batman, Christian
    Bale will have to do.
  • Live in the woods again. maybe near a mountain?
  • Have wooden floors in some part of my house... it'd be nice in the kitchen
    I've always wanted. With the smoke screen (I saw one- japanese paintings and everything- at Valueland), low table, and everything japanese. A bonsai tree would be great but if I can't have that... a cherry tree (outside or inside? not sure).
  • Be the friend everyone knows will stick around through all phases of life and will show up at all graduation, wedding, birthday, funeral... events, and will always be around inbetween. (You know, the random person your kids will love because I always show up with some gifts, goodies, or money).
  • If I'm lucky, settle down in a house I had built, like my uncle and aunt did and my parents were doing... once upon a time
  • Stay happily single forever, unless God finds someone to love me for all that makes me me and teaches me how to fall in love again; but I'm not looking for it.
  • Have kids (and if I never marry; adopt; actually I might adopt as well anyway)
  • Help in orphanages, homeless shelters, any outreach here or overseas. (Maybe open my house up to people who need a place to stay sometimes; we did it in Brazil and my uncle and aunt do it in Florida alot).
  • Have my own black and white dogs. One black and one white. I haven't forgotten this dream since I saw a white wolf being walked on the beach in Fortaleza and the man said he'd had a black one once. Take a look at these two pictures... :-)
    http://www.scriptsjoint.com/watermark/samplewatermarkimages/xwm_blackWolf.jpg
    http://www.artofwolves.com/cwc-white-wolf.jpg

A lynx would be fun too. ;-)

  • Go back to Anna Maria island in Florida to see the dolphins I watched from the shore as a kid and get a closer look now.

If I think of a few more hopes and dreams, I might add to the list...

I didn't really like my poem "Dreams" but I will share it in my next entry... (*the moon

2 comments:

nejofsherwood said...

Neat list. Becca's right though, you should move to Lansing and be our neighbor.

faeriechylde said...

Hey, I miss you... and you met me in person and we went out for coffee and book-browsing (except we didn't drink coffee, haha). So that dream is being fulfilled.
This was a fun list. I especially like how you want to marry Batman (or Christian Bale, if necessary :P), but also to stay happily single forever, haha. No, I'm kidding, it really was great. I need to write my own and start working toward fulfilling it.